P2G - Pull 2 Gmail
An email pull service base on OAuth
Zzapps P2G - Pull 2 Gmail
Are you using Gmails POP3 connection to fetch external emails? You might not be able to do that in the future anymore!
Pull 2 Gmail is a Gmail Add-on that is able to pull data from an external (cloud) email server that relies on OAuth to authenticate.
Since many services are deprecating Basic Authentication (username / password) the only way to connect is trough modern ways, like OAuth.
This Add-on enables that option. Currently the app is in a closed testing stage. It will be released in Q4 2022.
The first service to work with this pull is Office 365.
How does it work
1) You add an account and enter your external email address, e.g. your @outlook.com email.
2) The add-on will ask for a few other settings:
- What label you want to use for incoming emails
- Do you want to skip inbox
- Do you want emails te be marked as read
3) After clicking 'ADD', you will be directed to the login page of the provider (in this version, only Office365).
4) With a successfull auth, your add-on will be able to fetch emails and put them in your Gmail box. You can click 'fetch now' to fetch immediatedly
5) From the settings you are able to set a time-trigger to check every 5 minutes
All information is stored in YOUR Google-account, not on our side. This means, settings, label names and authentication tokens.
Features on launch:
Insert emails into specific labels
Option to mark email as read
Option to skip inbox (only put email in label)
Re-authorize at any time
Select start date for sync
Always show last sync moment
Sync at least every 5 minutes
More providers added by demand
Fine grained filtering / labelling
Custom SMTP proxy to also send email from the accounts (in case Basic Auth for SMTP is not possible)
Manual Sync Now button